Monday 14 January 2013

High days and holidays

I had hoped for many crafty things this past week. I had the week off on my own while the boys in my life were at school. My cunning plan was to make significant progress on my Evenstar, to get my hat design started, to finish my log cabin blanket and to clear off the Damson fibre from Whenu.

I can inform you all that none of the above happened!

I did manage to make a great in-road into the blanket. I'm going to do 3 more rounds and then an edging, then I'm going to call it done. I started chart 2 on the Evenstar at about 11pm one night this week. I can recommend NOT doing that! As I got to the last repeat on the first round of the chart and discovered I'd made a mistake right at the beginning! Doh! So I've mostly been ignoring it as I have to rip back the row, and have another go! I really can't face that right now, so I'm knitting Evenstar vicariously through the group!

Saturday night saw me needing to cast on all the things! I cast on an "Age of Brass and Steam" kerchief, caked a skein of sock yarn to cast on a shawl, at which point I lost the ability to decide and spent hours scouring Ravelry!

My greatest achievement this week was getting the majority of my stash up on Ravelry. In doing this I've discovered that storing your yarn on supermarket carrier bags is not a good idea! My baby wool stash was in one such bag and is now covered in confetti-like dry, crispy bits of plastic where the bag has degraded over time. Eek! That was a mess I can tell you! It looked like it had snowed on my bed! But now it's safely vac packed in one of those space saving bags. It also means I can see what's there. Sadly it also means HE can see what's there! Oops!

Ben has been pestering for a pair of fingerless mittens, so I finally managed to whip a pair up. I used a free Ravelry pattern as a template, but heavily modified it to fit a 9 year old. I was so chuffed when he went to school proudly sporting them today! He really isn't a fan of having his photo taken. Can you tell!?

My huge amounts of me time didn't really materialise what with catching up with housework and what not, but I did get some knitting and spinning done.

My goals for this week are to get the blanket finished (please!!!!) to correct the Evenstar and even get some progress. I want to cast a shawl for the beautiful Sparkle Duck yarn I caked. I also have the overwhelming desire to cast on a cardigan! So we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment