Sunday 1 June 2014

So excited I could burst!!

Before I go any further, please press play below.


You can share what I hear as I type


Firstly I want to say - SSSSQQQQQQUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last week I received 110 page views of the blog in ONE day!!!!! I was thrilled!!

I confess, I do check to see how many folk have popped in regularly, and I was so excited to see the number creep past 100!

T H A N K    Y O U !!

Today is a beautiful day.  I'm sitting outside on my MIL's swing seat. It's a warm, sunny day.  There are clouds in the sky but the sun is shining and the wind is just stirring the trees.

I've already been out and walked the dog. He decided it was too much like hard work to  chase his ball! He wouldn't even carry it. Silly dog

As we passed Mr Longmire's field he was training his new sheepdog.


A proper dog!

As this week's title suggests, I'm quite excited. Today is the first day of June. It's going to be a great month.

On Tuesday Deramores.com announces the winners of their blog awards. I'm confident I won't have won, but I'm excited to find out which blogs have. There was so many great entries, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading them.

Next week we go for a short break. A long weekend in effect. I've taken a day's holiday on Friday so that I can get us packed and ready to set off.  We're going all of 5 miles to a holiday resort called Centre Parcs. It's a gorgeous place set into a forest. We've been before and Ben loves it. Snag is, it's expensive to go when the schools are on holiday. I mean stupidly, disgustingly expensive. I understand the theory of supply and demand, but there's racketeering too! 

Ben often asks when we'll go again, and I keep saying that while his dad is at University we just can't afford it. But a couple of weeks ago I looked online for last minute deals and there it was! Cheap 
enough that we can go! Ssssssshhhhhh though! Don't tell Ben, it's a surprise!

I can't wait!!!

The start of June also means that Camp Aloha Friends is just around the corner. Mel has been keeping the suspense going by introducing our Camp Councillors over the last couple of weeks. I'm so excited I could burst!!

THEN!!!!!!!!!!....... two weeks after camp opens, Woolfest is on!!! I've already ordered my tote bag. For those of you going this year, check out the Ravelry group and the website! I've planned my route and my must see vendors. If you spot me, come say hi, we can have a brew and a knit!! On Saturday there will be a charity auction of woolly creations. I'll be there from 2pm helping unite folk with their won auction lots.

Feeling the love - 

I feel like I've been productive this week.

I finished and blocked my Path Less Traveled shawlette. I used the body off the Piper's Journey and added my own lace pattern to the edge. I was a little worried about  how it was going to turn out, but a good blocking cures all.




I'm happy with how it turned out.

The turning of the months meant I felt a sudden urgency to get Hana Hou off the needles. I've made good progress this week, I'm working on the collar now. I must say that I'm starting to get a little windy though. 
I've only got 2 skeins left of my yarn and I have both sleeves to do and the collar to finish. I got the back out of about 2 1/2 skeins, so I'm desperately hoping that the sleeves will take significantly less than one skein each.

Now I've joined the shoulder seams (Mel, you'd be so proud of me! I've done a reasonable job!) I can have a loose attempt at trying it on. I pinned the side seams a little and gingerly put it on. I have to confess that I was a little worried about the fit as I was working on the body, I'm a tad larger than the largest patterned size, and I was hoping that the positive ease would give me a little wiggle room. I needn't have worried. There's plenty of room. I think it's going to turn out to be the lovely squishy cardie I wanted it to be.

It is now, however, not a very portable project. As I've finished the shawlette too, I cast on the second of my self striping socks this morning as I walked the dog. There's no picture as it's the smallest piece of knitting in the world!

On the Horizon - 

Friday the 6th June sees me walking to raise funds for Hospice at Home. 

As I walk I will be knitting a sock to raffle. If anyone wishes to donate on my Just Giving page they will be entered into the raffle for those socks. If you comment that you've donated on the blog from May 18th you will also be entered into a draw to win a pair of custom made socks! It's a truly worthy cause.

Next week's blog may be a little late, I plan to write on Monday when I get home. I will be online though, so I'll be tweeting and Instagramming my progress over the weekend.  

I plan to take Hana Hou with me to knit in the evenings, the sock for poolside knitting, and either the Sun Ray shawl or another new project for a change of pace.

Have  a wonderful week,
Until next time

Ellen x  







No comments:

Post a Comment