Monday 11 February 2013

Highs and lows

Hello

I'm starting with the lows. I'm sorry to put a downer on the blog, but I feel the need to vent my spleen.
 There is a wonderful woman I know whose heart has been broken. The terrible thing is that the hurt done to her was delivered by fellow knitters. This woman has spread her infectious love for life and the human condition around the world through her blog Singlehandedknits. A group of hateful people have slandered her on other podcast VKN's and made her life hell.

I would like to take this moment to condemn the actions of a small percentage of the knitting community and send my thoughts and best wishes to Mel.  I don't have any desire to start a witch hunt, I hope that we knitters who have compassion can rise above this hateful behaviour and support this inspirational woman in a creative fashion.

Onto the highs. I've spent the weekend with my Mum. I can confirm she will be fine and we're arguing so she must be better!

FO's. I am working on getting the number of WIP's down and I cast off the wingspan shawlette.



It's an odd thing, I thoroughly enjoyed knitting it, but the more I look at it, the more I'm not happy with it. It's constructed using short rows. There are no wrap and turns used, and when I look at the joins between the wedges, all I see are holes! I'm sure that a blind man with a flea in his ear wouldn't notice, but for me, it's like they're flashing neon lights!

WIP's

Ok, I know that my cunning plan was to REDUCE the number of WIP's. Despite my best efforts in finishing the Wingspan the net number of WIP's has actually grown! Oops! I have cast on 2 baby cardies for girls at work who are about to become Nana's. And then there's the Voodoo you love me  that I've cast on for someone truly special. I hope she will find happiness in it. Or she can pretend its someone she's not overly fond of right now and stick pins in it!  She's a better person than that though.

Spinning

Progress on Diane's SAL continues. I hope to get the second single finished by the weekend and get it plied by the next blog. I'd like to think that I can get 8oz spun by the end of the month.

Goals for next week

Well, I'd still like to reduce the number of WIP's. That's going to involve a significant amout of knitting on my part as tomorrow is the exciting start of Mel's Mystery KAL. I'm going to have to get my finger out to have any kind of FO for you next week!

Hope you all have a great week, sorry to be so crotchety to start, but I genuinely feel it needed said!

Ellen x

No comments:

Post a Comment