Tuesday 19 March 2013

Learning opportunities

This week has mostly been filled with feverish knitting and work.

On the work front, we had new PC's installed. It proved to be a somewhat stressful day. On the whole, however, I've enjoyed this week. Deep down in my heart I'm a clinical pharmacist. I'm happiest wrestling with a clinical problem and finding solutions both acceptable to the patient, the prescriber and the NHS! This week provided a good number of such problems and I had fun working through them.

My other half has gone back to "school" he's working towards a degree in pharmacy and his studying has rekindled my desire to learn. That's not to say that I don't learn new things all of the time. Part of my job is to keep up to date with developments within my profession, and I have to be able to prove that I'm refreshing my knowledge regularly. Sometimes the learning bug bits harder than others. Right now it's biting hard and I'm enjoying studying. It's funny how a problem leads to learning opportunities. One drug being unavailable leads to research into an alternative which leads to research into its suitability for use through a PEG. A prescription for a new painkiller leads to research into that drug which lead to research into long term chronic pain control which lead to refreshing my knowledge on palliative care.

Everyday is a school day!

Onto the crafting -

This week has seen me religiously work on the Evenstar. I can confirm that I have finally finished the third chart and now I'm working on the border. I'm happy with the easy it's looking. It dawned on me this week that I've got just over 3 weeks until my mum's birthday. Dear lord! I've got to get 4 repeats done each day to have a hope of finishing it in time. I'm not sure I can do it, but I'll give it a good go.

I haven't spun at all. I'm desperate to spin, but I know that every minute I'm spinning is time I'm not working on the shawl. Happy thoughts! As soon as it's blocking I'm spinning my heart out!

Short and sweet today guys, but I need to get the border worked on.

Have a great week





No comments:

Post a Comment